Svetlana J. Schreiber, Esq.
Ms. Svetlana Schreiber was born in Romania. She came to the US when she was 12 years old and spent the next decade in New Jersey where she obtained her BA in comparative literature from Douglas College, New Brunswick, NJ in 1973 (where she was president of her class for two years).
She was admitted to a PhD program at Rutgers University which she commenced in 1973, but then marriage caused her to move to Ohio where she completed a MA degree in the same subject at Kent State University, where among other things, she taught a course in Romanian.
She attended John Marshall Law School at Cleveland State University and received a J.D. in 1981. She has been in private practice since that time, specializing in domestic relations, personal injury, worker compensation and social security cases. The firm also handles Constitutional work, specifically First Amendament litigation, discrimination, police and government misconduct and major criminal cases.
Since 1990, Ms. Schreiber has become the primary attorney for the extensive Romanian community, being one of the few lawyers in the country to speak Romanian fluently. As a result of her involvement with the Romanian community she expanded her practice to include immigration law.
She is a member of AILA (Association of Immigration Lawyers), of its Ohio Chapter, of the Ohio Academy of Trial Lawyers, the Cuyahoga County Bar Association and the New York State Bar Association where she is also admitted to practice.
An article in the New York Times describing the plight of Romanian stowaways who were incarcerated in Elizabeth New Jersey, drew her attention and caused her to organize a multi state effort to bring legal help to these asylum seekers. She was fortunate to elicit the help of Bishop Nathaniel of the Romanian Orthodox Church and of Armand Scala of the Romanian American organization known as CORA and throughout 1985 -1986, she devoted much of her time, pro bono, to successfully litigate on behalf of these young men and women. She subsequently became a member of CORA (Congress of Romanian Americans). She is currently the acting Chairperson of the Cleveland Chapter of the Romanian American Chamber of Commerce.
She is married and resides in Cleveland Hts., Ohio and has two grown sons both living in New York City. Since 1986 Ms. Schreiber was heavily involved with the ClevelandPublic Theatre where she sat on the Board of Directors for fourteen years. The recent addition of grandson Tobias has enriched her life immeasurably.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Tom is a graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law. Prior to attending law school, Tom finished Master Degree programs in International Political Economy and Development, and Economics at Fordham University in New York City.
Originally from Pennsylvania, Tom attended the Pennsylvania State University, earning bachelor degrees in both economics and international relations. Tom is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and Cleveland Bar Association.
Tom was recently named to the Case Western Reserve University School of Law's, LLM in global and US legal studies advisory board.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Associate Attorney, Michele Norton, has been with Svetlana Schreiber & Associates since July 2003. Ms. Norton has nearly ten (10) years of experience in the field of immigration law. At the firm, Ms. Norton's main focus is Immigration Litigation. Ms. Norton handles all types of deportation/removal matters before the Immigration Court, Board of Immigration Appeals and Federal Courts. Because of her extensive background in immigration, Ms. Norton also assists in all other areas of immigration at the firm including family, employment, asylum, naturalization, consular processing, passport adjudication, VAWA and nonimmigrant visa processing.
Ms. Norton grew up in a small town in South Western Pennsylvania. She attended Edinboro University of PA in Edinboro, Pennsylvania where she graduated Magna Cum Laude with a degree in Political Science. She, then, went on to pursue her law degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, Ohio. She spent some time working for a general practice with a focus in real estate and probate, a medical malpractice/personal injury firm, and a bankruptcy firm before she joined the immigration law firm of Margaret W. Wong & Associates. Ms. Norton's focus at Margaret W. Wong & Associates was Business/Corporate Immigration Law. However, she also assisted in other areas of immigration law as well during the course of her employment there.
Ms. Norton is admitted to the Ohio Bar. She is also authorized to practice before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. Ms. Norton is an active member of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association) as well.
Contact Information: email@example.com
Originally from Minnesota, Madeline is a 2015 graduate of Case Western Reserve University School of Law. While at law school Madeline worked at a legal aid clinic for refugees in Kampala, Uganda, externed at Legal Aid of Cleveland, and clerked at the Executive Office for Immigration Review in Cleveland. During her 3L year Madeline interned at the Milton A. Kramer Law Clinic at Case Western where she represented asylum seekers in Immigration Court and volunteered to help detained women and children through AILA’s CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project in Dilley, Texas. She plans to focus her legal career on immigration and human rights work.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cultural Background : Puerto Rican
- Languages: Spanish
- Other Information: I have 4 years of experience working in an Immigration Law firm and 3 years of experience working in a Criminal Law firm.
- Contact Information: email@example.com
- Cultural Background: Arab- American (Palestinian)
- Education: I received my M.A. in Consumer Industrial Research Psychology with honors. I also received bachelor degrees in Psychology and Anthropology (with a concentration in Cultural Anthropology) and I graduated sum cum laude.
- Languages: Arabic
- Other Information: I am a first generation Muslim, Arab-American of Palestinian heritage. I am the first in my family to receive a college education and degree. I am the eldest of five children. I live with my family and three cats in Lakewood, OH, which has recently been ranked by Business Week has the best city in Ohio to raise children. I am quite proud of my diversity and I love my unique, lively culture. I would like to go back to college one day and get a PhD in Cultural Anthropology.
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vivian has worked in the area of immigration for over ten years. She is currently attending Law School. She holds a Masters Degree in Criminal Justice Administration & Analysis and a Degree in Information Technology with a Concentration in Application Software. Her passion for education and her work experience as an International Student Advisor has made her a specialist in Student Visas, Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Change of Status and various forms of Work Authorizations.
- Contact Information: email@example.com
click on picture for zoom out